TRANSPORTATION DATA ANALYST
Announcement: April 15, 2021
Applications will be accepted until May 6, 2021
CATMA seeks a dynamic, knowledgeable, and team-oriented individual to contribute to the growth and success of our TMA serving Chittenden County. We serve as a regional gateway to connect businesses, developers and municipalities with convenient, reliable and economical sustainable transportation options and solutions.
The Analyst is essential to designing and managing CATMA’s data collection systems. CATMA’s data is fundamental in calculating and monitoring the commute behavior and emissions of our members which is vital to the success of our member’s ambitious and critical climate action goals. In addition, the Analyst will produce plans and reports, in collaboration with CATMA staff, external stakeholders, and members, to influence decision makers on innovative sustainable transportation policy. The Analyst must work closely, courteously, and cooperatively in a small office environment with an “all-hands on deck” personality and willingness to support a wide range of projects, programs and partnerships as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Manage all organizational data components to ensure accountability, data integrity and quality outputs for organization and members
- Execute and enforce data management policies, procedures, and documentation
- Design and conduct commuter travel surveys
- Conduct analysis & data interpretation, and create reports, plans and presentations
- Participate and/or lead in presentations made to members, public officials, and general public
- Develop reporting on programmatic and survey outcomes to attain and advance respective TDM strategies, services, activities, and targeted campaigns
- Evaluate and implement data needs to drive business development, planning, and policy decisions
- Identify and refine performance metrics and tools to better evaluate TDM program and data management effectiveness
- Collaborate with local, regional, and state partners and agencies on various transportation, energy and climate plans, programs, and initiatives to achieve transportation goals & objectives
- Research and monitor current and emerging reports, studies, legislation, and technology related to TDM and data management systems
- Communicate and collaborate with existing and prospective members to support the development and delivery of their strategic TDM plan, goals, and strategies
- Establish, maintain, and leverage good rapport with local, state, and national partnerships, government agencies, business community and community organizations
- Assist with staffing member, community, and public outreach events
- Plan, organize and manage additional projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, urban and regional planning, public administration, or related field
- Excellent skills in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Skilled in data visualization software, scripting and/or statistical language, and statistical analysis and management principals
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, and survey applications such as Survey Monkey and Lime
- Experience with database, project, and time management
- Interest in learning new technologies and streamlining processes
- Exceptional writing, editing, planning and organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; passionate, cooperative team player with consensus building skills
- Public outreach and community presentation experience
- Knowledge of non-profits and TDM industry are a plus
This is a 40 hour week salaried position based in Winooski, VT. Offering a Work life balance, schedule flexibility, PTO, medical and dental benefits, commuter program benefits, 403b, free on-site gym/pool amenities. The Analyst will report directly to Executive Director. Salary range is $38,000-$45,000 based on experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter and relevant work samples to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until May 6, 2021.