Skip the parking lot and ride the bus. Find your route & buy a pass via App!
Riding the bus will save you money and improve your health and well being! It is also a great way to reduce the environmental impact of your commute, it’s really easy and is so affordable, especially with reduced or free fares.
CATMA has a long standing partnership with our regional transit provider, Green Mountain Transit. They operate fixed routes, local commuter routes, LINK Express routes, and ADA paratransit services. Check out the GMT Bus Map & Guide for details on routes and stops. Find your bus in real-time! Download the Transit App.
If you need help figuring out your commute by bus, contact CATMA and We’ll Help You Get There!
- University of Vermont Medical Center provides 50% subsidy on both monthly and 10-ride bus passes for local routes and 25% on LINK routes. Discounted bus passes can be purchased through the Security Office. Pre-tax payroll deduction benefit is also available.
- Farrell Properties residents recieve CATMA’s 25% discount on Monthly and 10-ride bus passes, learn more.
Unlimited Access — Free Ride Program
All Champlain College and University of Vermont faculty, staff and students with a valid ID can ride any GMT bus for Free. Anytime, Anywhere, including the LINK Express. Simply show the bus driver your ID then swipe it through the fare box card reader. If you need to take more than one bus to get to your destination, be sure to ask the driver for a transfer before you leave the bus.
Employee Transit Pass Program
ETPP, provides employees free access on all GMT local, commuter or LINK routes to & from work with the use of a convenient transit pass. Passes are vaild for two years once activated and can be obtained through your employeers ETC or Human Resources Department.
- City of Burlington employees are eligible to participate in this program. Check out this handy program reference sheet for more information.
- Seventh Generation employees are eligible to participate in this program.
- VHFA employees are eligible to participate in this program.
- CCRPC employees are eligible to participate in this program.
Green Mountain Transit response to Coronavirus COVID-19
Effective immediately until at least April 1, 2020, GMT will operate bus service fare free with some reduced service. You can read the entirety of their latest update here. GMT continues to provide the most transit service possible based on staffing levels. They will continue to monitor bus capacity to allow for social distancing on board their vehicles. GMT would like to remind passengers to stay home if possible to allow essential travel for passengers who need it. If you are continuing to use transit, we encourage you to sign up for service alters directly with GMT: https://bit.ly/2TXU4uR and follow GMTs recommended protocol for entering and existing the bus.