Convenient bikes at an affordable cost.
Riding the bus is a cost-effective and convenient way to get to work and around town. It eases the stress, and is a safe, reliable alternative to driving. You can catch up on reading, rest or work while on the bus, not to mention the environmental impact made by taking one more car off the road. Even just one day a week can make a difference!
Green Mountain Transit (GMT) provides a network of bus routes throughout many cities and towns in Chittenden County with regional connections to Washington, Addison, Franklin, and Lamoille Counties.
GMT is currently holding public meetings in the region in regards to the implementation of their Next Gen service recommendations, learn more here.
Benefits of taking the bus
- saves money
- saves time
- protects the environment
- promotes a healthy lifestyle
- reduces traffic congestion
- strengthens communities and quality of life
Resources for riding the bus
GMT Routes & Schedules
ACTR Routes & Schedules
Ask your employer about discounts on transit passes or bus programs. CATMA Members should check out Bus Discounts and Unlimited Access programs in our Commuter Solutions section.
Bikes on the bus
All GMT buses are equipped with easy to use bike racks that hold two bikes. Learn more and a step by step guide to getting your bike on the bus.
Plan your commute
CATMA provides commuters with education and resources to support bus travelers. Google Transit is also a great tool to plan your bus commute.
Located in Burlington and Winooski, Go! Stations, bring together transit, carsharing and secure, keyless bike parking in one covenient location. Make your trips by bus, bike, foot and carshare even easier, check out a Go! Station near you!
Quick Tips on Riding the Bus
Here are some tips from to start your bus ride and learn more tips at GMT’s “How To Ride”:
- Check destination sign before getting on the bus and arrive a little early if you can
- Be sure the driver can see you by standing safely and visibly at the stop
- Have your fare ready to insert or your pass ready to swipe
- Request your stop at block before your destination
- Ask for a transfers from the driver if you are making a connection to another bus route