Bus Pass Discounts & Unlimited Access
Riding the bus will save you money and improve your health and well being! It is also a great way to reduce the environmental impact of your commute, it’s really easy and is so affordable, especially with reduced or free fares.
Green Mountain Transit Continues to Remain Fare FREE through December 31, 2023
Simplify Your Trip with “Transit”
Figuring out when to catch your next bus has never been easier! Transit will help you navigate GMT’s bus system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders.
- University of Vermont Medical Center provides 50% subsidy on both monthly and 10-ride bus passes for local routes and 25% on LINK routes. Discounted bus passes can be purchased through the Security Office. Pre-tax payroll deduction benefit is also available.
- Farrell Properties residents receive CATMA’s 25% discount on Monthly and 10-ride bus passes.
Unlimited Access — Free Ride Program
All Champlain College and University of Vermont faculty, staff and students with a valid ID can ride any GMT bus for Free. Anytime, Anywhere, including the LINK Express. Simply show the bus driver your ID then swipe it through the fare box card reader. If you need to take more than one bus to get to your destination, be sure to ask the driver for a transfer before you leave the bus.
Employee Transit Pass Program
ETPP, provides employees free access on all GMT local, commuter or LINK routes to & from work with the use of a convenient transit pass. Passes are valid for two years once activated and can be obtained through your employers ETC or Human Resources Department.
- City of Burlington employees are eligible to participate in this program.
- Seventh Generation employees are eligible to participate in this program.
- VHFA employees are eligible to participate in this program.
- CCRPC employees are eligible to participate in this program.